I wish We're Related would ...

Fix the ability to add the relationship

When i try to add the relationship of someone, it doesn't save.

I've also confirmed relatives and I still get the request from the same person no matter how many times i confirm.

there is a blank relative with the stats from an existing relative and i can't delete it. It prompts me to add the relationship for that person (which isn't even a person).

1,082 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Julie responded  · 

We’ve started working through the issue that’s preventing it from working correctly this time. If you’re still having problems we suggest clearing your cache and then trying again. If it’s still not working then, don’t worry we’re still looking into it.

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick McCann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exasperated ditto to "relationships not saving" and being asked time after time what the relationship is for the same people. LIkewise, ditto to being told there is a request, when there is not request. Likewise, ditto to the dysfunctional "confirm" process that doesn't confirm. I'm not a programmer, but if you've done this much, fixing this probelm shouldn't be that hard. Is it?

• Juliet Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a fun application and it generally works well - until you try to add more than 20 relatives -- offshoot of the family tree problem especially since the application makes you go through the entire drop down/search screen, add the relative, type the name and saves it for a minute--- after weeks of repeating and adding - now its just frustrating....are we working on fixing this???

• Pat Stefl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with about 6 relatives and I have less than 20 names. Sometimes the correct relationship appears on Facebook but the changes do not appear on this site.

• jandmiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I continue to have the same issue. It seems that it will only allow the first 20 names to be titled as to relationship. I have set it to the correct relationship for 5 days in a row and the very next day it asked for the relationship for everyone over the original 20. Would someone please fix this bug?

• donnacrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also having this problem, sent an email to FamilyLinks help desk but so far no response. It's frustrating enough that I'm considering dumping the whole "were related"

• blmathew1955 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing this same problem. Has there been any progress in looking at the program? Thank you.

• shelleywalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please fix this problem try to add my grandaughter again and it wont save to say shes my grandaughter getting fed up with this now been going on for a week now this problem

• Karen Fluth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep having to change a relationship.. it doesn't save.

I also have a blank relative for someone that doesn't exist.

Pleas fix this.

• sueshanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah....agn the same problem me having it. wats wong with We're Related? So interesting...yet so malfunction....!!

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base