I wish We're Related would ...

let me choose from my facebook friends list properly

I can't select the right people, it comes up with the same people but gives you no way to scroll or type someon name to select.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  JulieAdminJulie (Admin, We're Related) responded  · 

We are looking into a better option for displaying relatives to be added. If you’re having difficulty seeing all of your relatives or they are not selecting correctly please read the faq or contact our support.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • smb29910smb29910 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even select the people through "link to self" or "link to facebook friend". Frustrating!

• mbparkmbpark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about making the list like the one facebook uses for tagging photos? It displays text-only full names and you can start typing and it will auto-complete. I think that's ideal.

• simongarthpursersimongarthpurser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ditto mscott.
        when trying to link tree items to facebook friends, i get a random list of friends to choose from by scrolling only (why not only the ones i have already specified as relatives?), which does not even include all of my friends.
        takes too long to set up the tree like this. please sort it out!

• jennielynnjennielynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or maybe use the same listing dialog as adding relatives. I'd be thrilled if I could just start typing a name and it would filter. I mean, you're looking for one specific person to link to anyway.

• mscott71mscott71 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I've already told the app who all of my Facebook friends are who are relatives, why do I have to search through the hundreds of friends who aren't relatives when trying to add people to the family tree? That alone would be a better option. This might be a fun app if I had the patience to sit through the hours it would take to actually set up the tree and link it to my relatives on Facebook.

Feedback and Knowledge Base