I wish We're Related would ...

let me add my son's dad without adding him as my spouse

My son's dad is not my spouse but it automatically says he is. As well the application won't let me post a story for him on his family tree profile page. I click post and it takes forever and doesn't update it.

242 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom HadleyTom Hadley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I have the same problem. My ex wife is labeled as my spouse, SHE is not. My step children , my current partners children are listed with me being the father, which I am not. I do not seem to be able to fix these things up. you are wrong when you say you can label people as ex. My ex is called Melanie and has come across from my daugthers link to her as her mother. SHE IS NOT MY SPOUSE SHE Was/ Also my birthdate is showing up on my profile on this relative part of F book I have NOT allowed that in my Fbook profile. Please fix or I will be forced to make a complaint to the privacy authorities here in Australia !

• Peter BallPeter Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your have to enter the couple as married and then check the box for divorced. It then won't show as a spouse

• traciturkle-gaynortraciturkle-gaynor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It keeps changing my relatives title. When I type in Mother-in-law on my line and then go to my sons line she shows up as mother-in-law so I fix it and put grandma. When I go back to my line its been changed to grandma. She is my sons grandma and my mother-in-law. We use the same computer so I dont know if that is affecting it but each line should be able to change the persons title without it changing it for anyone else.

• marlarcmarlarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because I entered my mother and my father as my parents, this program decided that they are spouses. They are not spouses - They are divorced. There is no way for me to correct this. I tried adding my father as my mother's spouse so that I could then click "divorced." This somehow turned my brother and I into my mom's step children and made my father his own nephew. What the hell?

Feedback and Knowledge Base