I wish We're Related would ...

recognize connections like wife and -in law

recognize connections like wife and -in law, and connect trees once permission has been granted

609 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • 42Luv42Luv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got a good one too... My 2nd husband Adopted my children from my first Marriage, I can only either put them in as adopted by both of us or biological to both of us.
        I don't want to put the guy who disappeared in the program. If I try to put in biological and me + new partner, it doesn't show them as full sisters to each other.

• lucialicelucialice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important because lots of families have step- mums , step-fathers , half brothers etc. I myself have a step mum and step dad who are as important as my biological parents!
        This is an important issue because you not in the right to decied who goes on who evers family tree! Just because someones dad is married to some one does not make them the child's mother!
        I sincerely hope
        you get this right

• missywojomissywojo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the cousins connected too. I have tons of cousins on FB and would like to connect them on my tree.

• kathrynlanierwhitekathrynlanierwhite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a list of the relationships available for use. It's almost like a shot in the dark when you add your complicated relatives. How will they be assigned? I'd really like a list.

• nadi61nadi61 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't even give me the option to INVITE my husband, let alone add him with that title.

• gacorleygacorley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also -- I shouldn't have to give myself permission to view my own tree. Even if I could get into the permissions to edit them (which I can't), it makes no sense that the creator of the account doesn't have the required permissions.

• jlyttlejlyttle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree - i have friends who are not married so what's the point of having this conversation. why can't we have "partner-in-law" or something.....

• Rae DunitzRae Dunitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Astrodigger is right on target....please, please make this more user friendly~it just makes sense

• astrodiggerastrodigger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's up with this software - when you add a kid to a parent, it acts like it's not the same parents or something, and then it won't even save it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base