I wish We're Related would ...

stop sending me notifications asking me to add relatives.

I do not want to receive notifications from you daily, asking me to add relatives to my family.

Stop sending me notifications about the same possible relatives over and over again. It's really irritating and i'm about to remove the application if it doesn't stop.

1,150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gregg JohnsonGregg Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hear, hear! ...I agree with everyone else on this so far.

I/we don't need to be prompted to add more relatives... we're the kind of people that do that without the prodding, eh... or, don't you all understand your user base?

I was reminded in an e-mail about this subject that I can always disable e-mail notifications... while that kills off this stupid/senseless reminder, it ALSO gets rid of other e-mails, which I probably want to get... basically, you all recommended that I throw out the baby with the bathwater... not exactly good customer service, nor advice your advertiser would probably appreciate.

• Walter RobersonWalter Roberson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just stopped here long enough to push as many of my votes as possible to this item. As soon as I leave here, I will be deleting this application from access to my account, as I am tired being told to add more relatives. My relatives are either added or have been asked to use the program or have decided not to use facebook at all, or are dead -- there's no-one left, but I can't turn off the #$@# reminder messages.

Bye bye, and I don't think I'll miss your clunky buggy software.

• Chris SargeantChris Sargeant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yep its spam - If irt persists next month Im going to block/delete it - lets see how your advertisers like that comment

• EvanEvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your (cr)app is spamming me. STOP IT especially since I have e-mail notifications turned off, or I will take this up with facebook and then have your cr(app) removed from my profile and my relatives profiles!

• Simon ButlerSimon Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your email asking me to add my grandparents, to show how much I love them. Unfortunately THEY ARE ALL DEAD.
        I have one relative on Facebook, and if I should wish to add any more at a later date, I think I can manage to do so on my own initiative. All you’re doing by sending out spam is pissing people off. Any more of this nonsense and I’ll remove the application.

• Mark A. GriesserMark A. Griesser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The admin julie's reply to this has almost infuriated me. I challenge her to explain why it is reasonable for her company to send anyone something they don't want. Also to completely lie, fabricating notices about relatives wanting__________(fill in blank with anyone of a number of lies). This is spam at its worst as you are a marketer with everyones personal info. And the terms of service give you all rights and the user none. Reasonable she says. Julie you are either: A) a liar B) naive, stoopid or dense C) Have a gun pointed at your head and make such ridiculous statements under duress, stress, in fear for your life.

• Bill StewartBill Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting requests to add people who are already in my database as relatives. Please make it stop. We only need folks that are REALLY new.

• joelbloomerjoelbloomer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It also informs you that you have relatives to add who have been added for ages, and again when the recent wave of email started. It's got to stop. They've either installed the app, or they're not going to.

• Kris MaglioneKris Maglione commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I've actually gotten two of these today, one to add 2 relatives, and another to add 1. It's annoying enough for me to remove the app. Please stop this.

• Kathie DuganKathie Dugan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, PLEASE stop with all the emails. The number of emails that you are sending out is absolutely ridiculous.

• annmolisonannmolison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. I've added everyone on my relatives..and I'm sick ot getting these notices.

• stephenstephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It lies too: "please add at least one relative" blah blah blah WTF? I already have 16 relatives listed. Fix this or I'll just ban the stoopid app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base