I wish We're Related would ...

stop erasing my info, i have to keep adding relatives

I added relatives who requested me and they don't show up on my relatives page, and when i go to my requests page there they are again. I had 10 relatives but then i check my profile and i had none so i had to re add everyone. This app needs some serious work done to it!

245 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  JulieAdminJulie (Admin, We're Related) responded  · 

Several weeks ago many accounts were split in our database so that it seemed that all their relatives disappeared. We are in the process of re-merging those accounts and once it is done all your relatives will show up again.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • christi_lovechristi_love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had 32 relatives, spent all day adding, editing and organizing then all of a sudden it was gone. I thought this was fixed, let me know when it is so I'll decide if I want to invest any more time into this app.

• davidmcdougledavidmcdougle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had just finished adding 40+ new members to my tree when the whole tree just vanished. Had been trying to correct a mismatch with my older kids and their mom and all of a sudden there is NO ONE in the tree.
        This is 3 hours work just POOF gone.
        I'd really like to know what happened before I spend anymore time with this.

• relawrelaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just noticed that all 70+ relatives of mine were deleted. Some of them are no longer on my friend list (because they lost interest in having a distant, unknown cousin on their friend list) so it will be impossible to get them back on my We're Related list. Very unhappy about this.

• Juliet RoseJuliet Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fixed it for a little while then with the FB layout - seems the info is deleted and will not save. I keep adding same relatives and then We're related will keep sending the "We've found you relatives" notification..YES - because the program keeps erasing my relatives and I have to keep readding them.. needs some work. Also I keep deleting Not my relatives. And they keep popping up as possibles.

Feedback and Knowledge Base